Nothing like 3 posts in a row!
Yesterday got off to a very slow start. The women I was sharing a room with was leaving on a bus at 5:45am so needless to say, it was a bit noisy from 4ish on, on top of a whole night of snoring! This meant that I got up at around 7 because that’s when my body wakes me up, got dressed, then went back to bed and slept until about 11 am. I had little desire to go anywhere, but I couldn’t justify it to myself to just sit in the room all day. So, I walked over to South Bank
took a river taxi from end of the river to the other. It was beautiful, but once again it was HOT, everyone was complaining about how unseasonably hot it’s been. Part of the main problem is that usually when it gets like this, it rains, but it hasn’t for over a week!
We traveled under the Story Bridge
and then I managed to pick the stop that all of the young professionals were at. So there I was, probably the only tourist for miles in my tank top with my satchel, while everyone else looks so good in their business attire and party clothes (it’s Friday so apparently it’s Christmas party time). I then spend the next however many hours wondering around downtown, looking for places I had never seen (I found them). I found Anzac Square, and a nice Cathedral in the middle of these hugely tall sky scrapers.
Now I am sitting here in the lobby after eating sushi thinking about how I really should do a load of laundry. With it being this hot I have perspired 5 times more than I ever have in my whole life; it’s gross to feel it running down your spine. And while I don’t outright stink when I sweat, it leaves my clothes with an almost sour smell…YUCK! I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow, but then the day after I am off to Sydney!!
So I'm combining posts, Brisbane take 2!
First off make sure you say it Bris-bin other wise they really know that you're not from these parts. Moving on...today started early, again. And once again I went for a walk. I was trying to put up a map, but the program wouldn't let me. According to the signed parts of the walk, I walked 2.5km but then I had to walk to get to the beginning of the walk and then I walked around after it so I think it would be safe to say that I almost walked 3.5km (2 miles)...for fun! what is wrong with me! Once again today was really muggy, but at least the heat and humidity weren't accompanied by sunshine.
Pictures from the walk...
I think that part of the reason why I am walking so much is because I have nothing else to do. The best way to imagine the city is like downtown San Francisco. There are the few highlights, but for the most part you mainly just shop and since I am on a budget and a weight limit, I can't do much of that. I am very ready to move on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I have been enjoying reading your blogs - and knowing that you are OK!!! - but thought that I should let you know via comment! Hope that you made it to Sydney OK, and onto the plane today (your time). Mothers never stop worrying! glad you are having a great time. Safe travels, and talk to you and see you soon!!! Lots of love, Mom
Post a Comment