Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another weekend trip!

So I know that I just posted, but I thought that it be foolish to wait, just for the sake of putting time between them.


The floating (it's not on pontoons) Silverlink bridge that is currently high above the Burdikin River

So this past weekend, my principal and his wife took me south to Airle Beach in the Whitsunday Area and everywhere on any significance in between.




Whitsunday area

When we got there, we had discovered that we were crashing Schoolies. Schoolies is when the entire equivalent of graduating Seniors, party on the beach for a week, getting really drunk and sunburn. Anyways, thankfully it was just the first day so there weren’t that many people yet, so we enjoyed our nice picnic on the beach. Mom, this picnic would have made you proud; full cold-cut sandwiches, fresh cut fruit, various salads. The one added thing that was brought to the picnic that was not appreciated was Vegemite- SICK!!! and this is now from firsthand experience.


My 1st Aussie Seagull and I live 15km from the ocean.

Where we had our lunch

Bowman

After walking around and driving to the coast, and then up along it, we headed to Bowman. This was apparently where the opening scene of the movie Australia was filmed. We drove past the lot where most of it was all filmed, but nothing was left. Then we drove up to the top of Flagstaff Hill, a hill sits over the mouth of the channel into the Bowman ‘Harbor’, it was a nice picturesque view to end of the traveling around.

I really like the design of the cafe. It was light and open so you could really enjoy the view


On the way home, we drove up to the top of Mt Inkerman. This is a random hillish mountain that sits right on the edge of the Burdikin aquifer so there is a fabulous view for miles. The roads that led up to the top put our driveway to shame! After a good look around, we went across the road to one of the student’s cane farm. The family was great and now I know so much about planting and watering can in this region that if teaching falls through, I now have a backup job if teaching falls through :)

Panorama from the top


On top of the mountain (Km to...)

Anyways, I'm off again this next Sunday, we will see what I get up to!

1 comment:

roberts4k said...

It is fabulous to see so many interesting pictures - getting to see a little bit of your adventure. And you always have a fun way of recounting your discoveries. I am so excited that you were about to get out and about - with more to come!

Lots of love,

Mom