Sorry! I have been so limited with the internet, but at last, here are some pictures of where I am.
This is the house that I am staying in.

This is the view from the street.

This is the view from one of my windows, out into the backyard.
It's a nice house that has lots of windows, which has been really nice with all of the wind that we have been having. They keep telling me that the wind is not normal and that it should be going away, but I'd be alright if it never left.

A poorly put together 180 view, looking out from the front (almost the staff lounge)
Click to enlarge
Here is the school that I am at, Burdikin Christian College. It has almost 100 students ranging from Prep (Kindergarten) to Grade 7 (I think they are are 11-12 years old). The school's claim to fame is that it is North Queensland's Greenest school. Let's see, my class... Well, I am in the Pre/Year 1 class and have students ages 5 through a few that have just turned 7 and boy to these kids like to run around and not follow directions. If you received the email from my mom, you will already know that these kids are really lovely individuals, but really bad as a class (we're talking telling me 'no', punching, tackling, and the occasional destructive tantrum which means that they kid has to be physically carried out.) However, while the children are a project, I am still having a good time. The staff here, while they are the must blunt, straight to the point people I have met, they are also really kind and supportive.

A bad picture of my lovely class.
Ok, other things that have been going on. Well, so far I have been bitten at least 10 times by a mosquito, but thankfully at the moment I only have three that really are red and itch. It's so not fair! None of the kids at school, nor the people I live with ever get bitten, and yet I cannot seem to go a night without getting at least one. I wish that the two geckos who have been living in my windows would just hurry up and eat them all. Christy, tell your mom that I have yet to step on one but I think I might have accidentally taken one's tale off when I was closing the window (he's alright, just a little shorter).
Here are just some other pictures to give you an idea of what is around where I am. Enjoy!

Cane field across the street from the school.
More to come soon, I just need to take more photos!
1 comment:
Great pictures and cute kids. Thanks for keeping us up to date. You didn't say you had a pool. Are you swimming laps? Chlorine keeps mosquitoes away :)
Dad
Post a Comment