Tuesday, April 22, 2008

York

My friend Talitha came to visit and the two of use went on a little side trip to York. I like York because it seems looks like what you think an English town should look like. It was a walled city with old ruins, a huge cathedral, wondering cobbled streets, and tiny allies filled with shops.



As with the rest of Europe, York Minster was under construction. They had to take it down to repair the damage from restoration the church did from WWII (if that makes sense). Anyways it was still really nice inside. It was light and airy as apposed to most cathedrials that are covered in 100s of decades of candle grime.

This one is short and sweet, just like the town.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Dear Katharyn's Blog:

I just wanted you to know that I'm still checking you periodically to see if you have anything new to tell me. I know Katharyn is back from Europe, and life may be back to normal, but I keep hoping for an 'I'm home' update (and maybe some more pics!).

Please tell Katharyn I love and miss her, and hope we can chat soon.

Thanks!

:)