After this we went into the town of Stratford-upon-Avon. It was cool to think that Shakespeare himself wandered these very streets, however, I think that the town is missed named. It would be more fitting as Shakespeare-upon-Avon because EVERYTHING had to do with him. A prime example was the pub that we ate at, apparently Shakespeare ate there, and it was next to the school that he probably went to and around the corner from where he was born.

Will's daughter and her husbands house. The open space next to it use to be his house, but the man who owned it awhile after Will died did not want to pay taxes on it, so he tore it down.
After lunch we went to the church were Shakespeare was baptized, married, and now buried. This was the first place where the little old man taking the 50p for entrance actually encouraged us to take loads of pictures, so of course I didn't. That is because once you have a picture of a slab of stone, what else is there to visually capture?
The sad part about walking around this town was how damaged it still was. This past summer England did not have a summer, instead they had months of rain and flooding, especially on the rivers. This meant that we were unable to see any of their normally cute riverside gardens because they were still mud. Nevertheless, I still took some nice pictures, just no flowers
The sad part about walking around this town was how damaged it still was. This past summer England did not have a summer, instead they had months of rain and flooding, especially on the rivers. This meant that we were unable to see any of their normally cute riverside gardens because they were still mud. Nevertheless, I still took some nice pictures, just no flowers
Well, after a pot of tea it was back in the car and back to Leeds.
So, this week is the last week of school before Spring Break. On the 15th, I will be catching a flight to Frankfurt Germany to start a two week European adventure with my friend Brianna from Biola. I am really excited and will have lots of pictures when I get back.
Hope all is well
See you!











No comments:
Post a Comment